Monday, November 3, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook-November 3rd Edition

Outside my window: I see my scarecrow, straw bales, pumpkins and gourds that I decorate with each fall.

I am thinking: that Christmas will be here before I know it.

I am thankful: that I get to spend the day with Little Miss Melody.


I am wearing: jeans and a long sleeved t shirt.

I am creating: ideas for my Christmas Cards that I will make at Scrapbooking on Saturday.  You can see my last years cards here.

I am going: to cuddle up with my book and a glass of wine tonight.

I am wondering: If Little Miss will sleep long enough for me to finish this post.

I am reading: That Old Ace in the Hole for my Cook the Books Club.

I am hoping: That our Holiday season is filled with Happiness and Cheer.

I am learning: that it is hard to get in 10000 steps unless you go out for a walk or get on the treadmill.

Around the house:  I have started wrapping Christmas gifts.

In the Kitchen:  It is Meatless Monday.  We are having Black Bean Quesadillas.  Here is the recipe adapted from Cuisine at Home Issue #83.


Black Bean Quesadillas

6  8" flour tortillas
1 small onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. olive oil
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chiles
1 (12 oz) can corn
2 T. green enchilada sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t. cumin
3/4 c. shredded mexican blend cheese
sour cream, if desired
salsa, if desired

In large skillet over med high heat saute onion in olive oil until translucent.  Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for a minute or two more. Drain and rinse the chiles, beans and corn  add to the onion mixture and cook until heated through.  Add enchilada sauce, cumin and salt and peppers.  Take off heat and mash lightly leaving some beans and corn whole for texture.

Place 1/3 of the bean mixture on a tortilla leaving a 1/2" around the edges.  Place 1/4 cup cheese over the bean mixture.  Top with a second tortilla and place on a griddle over high heat.  Cook until tortilla begins to brown, flip over and cook until cheese is melted, filling is warmed through and tortilla is starting to brown.  Remove to baking sheet and place in a warm oven.  Repeat twice more.  Cut quesadillas into wedges and garnish with sour cream and salsa.  Print Recipe


I am pondering: What message to put on the inside of my Christmas Cards.

A favorite Quote for today:

  

One of my favorite things:  Baby cuddles

A Few Plans for This Week: Babysitting Wednesday, Getting ready for up north company to arrive. Dinner party on Friday. Scrapbooking on Saturday.

A Peek into one of my Days from Last Week: If you go here, you will get a peek at 5 minutes of each day last month as I tried my hand at writing fiction.

I am sharing this post with Thrifty Thursday so they can have my recipe for Black Bean Quesadillas.






2 comments:

  1. I loved this Wendy. Maybe you can do it with me every Monday. It is a nice way to keep us on track don't you think. That baby is so cute. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.