Monday, August 4, 2014

Menu Change for Meatless Monday...

Frank brought home Michigan sweet corn and I had some Michigan tomatoes so I immediately forgot about the pasta and we made up one of our favorite August meals in Michigan.  Toasted Tomato Sandwiches and Corn on the Cob.

No recipes needed.  The sandwiches are just BLT without the Bacon because it is Meatless Monday otherwise we would be adding the bacon to them.  I love Michigan corn and  tomatoes.  I love Michigan in August, mmmmmmmmmm.


Summer on a Plate.

2 comments:

  1. Richard loved just plain tomato sandwiches. He put mayo and big, fat slices of tomatoes on plain bread. But we also loved BLT'S. Couldn't wait for the first tomatoes to turn red. And corn on the cob is a favorite at our house too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is such a short season, we can never seem to get our fill.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.